top of page
- Sat, Oct 07CheshireOct 07, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PMCheshire, 493 W Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAJoin us for our 3rd Annual Sustainability Fair at Ball & Socket Arts in Cheshire CT! All ages will appreciate the informative booths, as well as music provided by Wry Bred and tasty snacks offered by the Soulfully Vegan Food Truck.
- Sat, Oct 08CheshireOct 08, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PMCheshire, Church Dr, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAGo Green! Meet a host of local and regional environmental and conservation organizations at the Cheshire Sustainability Fair and bring the kids for the Trash to Treasure Kids' Art Table!
- Thu, Sep 15Cheshire Public LIbrary ZoomSep 15, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PMCheshire Public LIbrary ZoomAuthor Nancy Lawson is our special guest speaker in this online presentation. Nancy draws from her book, speaking on the importance of coexisting with wildlife & using native plants to create habitats that are beneficial as well as practical and beautiful.
- Wed, Jul 20CheshireJul 20, 2022, 9:30 AM – Jul 21, 2022, 10:30 AMCheshire, 487 N Brooksvale Rd, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAPollinators are insects! They get a bad rap. But they are super important. Without them, we humans would be in a ton of trouble.
- Thu, May 19Cheshire Public LibraryMay 19, 2022, 7:00 PMCheshire Public Library, 104 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAWhen the time comes for aging parents, grown children or young families, will they be able to continue to call Cheshire their home?
- Mon, Apr 11Cheshire Public LibraryApr 11, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMCheshire Public Library, 104 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAAuthor and environmental activist, Steve Hamm, author of "The Pivot" looks at the industrial legacy and recreational history of the Mill River, including its headwaters which are located in Cheshire.
- Tue, Mar 29Cheshire Public LibraryMar 29, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMCheshire Public Library, 104 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410, USAWhere are the town's best places for challenging hikes or scenic walks? Join Mark Kasinskas, a Cheshire native and avid hiker as he showcases the best spots to hike in town. Kasinskas is a geographer and environmental planner. He is also a former Cheshire Land Trust president and a graduate of the
- Mon, Feb 07ZoomFeb 07, 2022, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PMZoomThe Spotted Lanternfly (Lycorma delicatula) is the latest non-native insect to arrive in Connecticut, and established populations have recently been found in Cheshire. Approximately half of the state’s forests are threatened according to the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
Cheshire Summer of Sunflowers
Cheshire's Summer of Sunflowers is a community-growing project in which everyone can participate. Look for your friends and neighbors in this fabulous video created by Sustainable CT summer interns, Emily Hailu and Sarah Houle. Enjoy!
bottom of page